Saturday, November 24, 2007

hey everyone

so first of all- this weather is awesome. I woke up this morning, got bundled up and went on a walk with carlos, clementine, and sophie. it was perfect really. except that clementine likes chasing cars and that is sort of unnerving.

then I baked up my first successful gluten-free baking experiment without the use of a pre-packaged flour mixture. it is a gluten-free, vegan sweet potato corn bread dish from scratch. and it is AwEsOmE. I even made my own eggs with whole flax seeds and water. it was all pretty fantastic. those of you who will be at friendsgiving tomorrow will get to experience the excitement first hand.

also... i've been rolling up my yarn into manageable organized balls. i'll be knitting any hour now... i'm also really excited about our secret santa business. the coolest part is that I am so crazy about all my friends that I am not even hoping for any particular person. i could get anyone and be stoked. i pretty much love all of my friends.

thanksgiving was good this year. my family played a pretty seriously intense game of spoons. I hung out with my mommmm and she bought me undies and shoes. I hung out with some old friends. picked out easel wood for the art show. am starting to freak out about school....

i think one reason that I love cold weather so much is that I feel like it justifies the excessive amount of time I spend inside. this weather is perfect for so much that I love to do: dye paper, weave, knit, read, bake, take baths, day dream, BUT my wheel is outside in the patio... so throwing would be sort of uncomfortable right now. and bike riding is sort of a drag in the rainy/cold weather.

school is scary.

i am so happy about the world right now. I am just so inspired and excited. Feelings all have their purpose, but I don't think that there is a better, more uplifting feeling than this. thanks for reading.

3 comments:

monét said...

casey, i'm crazy about you too. :]

Bradley Kerl said...

i just love times like these and being surrounded by people who love and support you back is such a great thing.

cheesy, i know, but community is grand!

Whitney said...

your life seems so warm and cozy. it makes me feel good just to read about it.