Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Onward

I leave for India today. I want to make it clear to myself that I am not going to India to look for answers. I think the kind of answers that are worth traveling across the world to find only really exist within the depths of our hearts, or souls, or that part of ourselves that is near impossible to define. and if we are not careful, the search for those answers becomes the search for something artificial and painfully glued to our self-image.

I'm excited. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see how I am somewhere so different. I'm excited to participate in the world in a place so unfamiliar. I'm excited to be lame old me in India. I'm so excited. I just wanted to share. My heart is bursting with excitement. Being alive is such a true treasure. I'm so grateful for the opportunity. I love you all and will try to post while I am gone.

3 comments:

monét said...

oooh safe travels. <3<3<3!!!!

Unknown said...

I hear they worship cows in India. So try not to make a face when one farts on you. They may call heresy on you. This is my only advice. Also, kiss lots of Indian men (even if they're already married).

bknboi said...

Bon Voyage!


also. . . mailing address?